Postcard of the month - #252 - September 2021
The rebuilding that followed the completion
of the Blackwall Tunnel in 1897 left a long irregular shaped plot between the Northern
Approach Road and the East India Dock Road. It was then decided at that time to
retain this land for future expansion of the road.
Maintenance and control was passed to the Poplar Borough Council in 1933. It remained as a play area until 1958 when it was cleared to make way way for the the new northern approch we know today. Some of the terrace and trees still remain today.
Legal notice follows:
All contents of this Web Site are copyright © 1999 - 2021 eastlondonpostcard.co.uk. All rights reserved.
No portion of this Web Site may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from: eastlondonpostcar
go back to the top of this page